Friday, November 12, 2010

DIY Decorations for Ankush's Birthday

Having a runny nose :(  Me and Ankush, both!! Thats the worst part. Our noses seemed to be in perfect symphony throughout the day. We almost created a masterpiece yesterday. Don't ask.

I had put quite a lot of effort for Ankush's birthday. I started getting the invitations ready.


Next I prepared these. I cut out the letters in watercolor paper and I used cool blue, ivory black and glitter silver to paint it. The penguins on each letter were all drawn before it was cut. 

Aren't those lovebirds ..oops..Love penguins cute:)

The seal that you can see  over the alphabet 'I' is a character in the cartoon PINGU.

I loved the design in letter 'Y' . The penguin is fishing here:) Ankush keeps pointing out at 'D' all the time.

Penguin on letter 'N' is mountaineering. "Go Penguin Go"

I was getting out of ideas on penguin models. Hence made a snowman on 'S'.


On the whole it looked like this when stuck on wall.


This was the centerpiece or more literally the cornerpiece.



I tried to maintain the colours blue, orange , white, silver and  black in all my decorations. Next I bought white, blue and orange color woollen.   I made a braid out of these 3 colors. Cut triangular shapes of orange, blue, and pasted aluminium foil on the rest.

I stuck Ankush's picture on these triangles. Pasted them on the braid. The penguins were also made out of paper and painted with acrylics. I made around 14 such hangings.






This was on the entrance door. The
letters are made out of woollen and I painted the rest of the area.


This was another piece which says 'You are in 1-derland'.


We had lot of snacks, played quite a few fun games. We all had fun. Hope all the kids enjoyed.

2 comments:

Jaganathan (a) Jag said...

Nice Work. Hope Ankush enjoyed his B'day.

Convey our Belated Wishes!!!

RASHMI8R said...

hey very nice decoration...ur ideas are really great...